Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going going gone!

Okay, the tax refund is almost finished because I went and bought 8kgs of cat food for my cat, that means I don't have to buy cat food till the end of October. I bought my plane ticket from East London to Johnnesburg because I'm catching a bus down as it's half the price and I also bought the bride's pamper party gift and my sister's birthday gift. Otherwise, I had a good weekend with my cousins. I also bought 2 new pairs of earrings. some head bands and a lovely clip in the shape of a dragon fly. I also bought some nice food stuffs for the home and feel quite content watching Sex and the City Season 2 disk 1. I probably didn't do the most wisest thing with the tax refund but I know that if I didn't go to my friend's wedding, I would regret it in later years and the plus minus R1500 this trip is costing me would seem like change.

I have a cousin who rocks, she is more than a cousin to me and is treating me to go to a ladies night next weekend for my sister's birthday party and she is also throwing out her old bed to me! Yeah yeah yeah! I hate my present bed, it is low, as it has no legs and it the wood hurts my back as my matress is so thin. I must say that I was very lucky that my mom had a sister who met a man that made my cousin my cousin.

At the moment, I am busy waiting for my sister to arrive and have made a poor man's paella - some sausage and tinned muscles fried in peas, onions and a yellow rice. There is nothing better than a warm cooked meal on a Sunday night and the shopping spree really did bring back memories of credit card shopping without a budget - better than any drug I tell you.

Happy saving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment