Thursday, July 2, 2009

Let's begin...broke!

I wish I had begun this 3 months ago, but again I am kidding myself. In reality, this should have begun in the midst of 2007, after the NCR Act came into effect funny enough. I was the fool that bought a R120 000 car in June 2007 (3 months after I had settled my car debt for my first car off) and then still took a R13 000 loan from an extremely scary loan company and was paying 37% interest back! What crazy minded person does this in one month???? Me, I shyly admit - a moderately educated person with a good employment history and a knack for money (I always believed), making it - YES, managing it and keeping it - NO!!!

Oh well, "shit happens", one would say.

I am now 25 years old, just moved out from home (which I believe was my first problem) and growing up finally. I am still single (a handicap on it's own apparently as the saying goes "two heads are better than one" and so are two salaries!!!). Let me not forget to mention that I moved 1000km away from home to force myself to grow up. Mommy never expected rent from me or for me to pay a dime towards food - all of which was spent on a lifestyle that is best described in MGMT's Time to Pretend or Party Karate - black belt sen say!

In March this year, I decided to give all debt the boot. I managed to pay off the horrible 37% loan from my pension money that was paid out and another, yes, you heard right, another loan that I took for R16 000 in March 2008 and of interest I don't even know! I also managed to pay off two shop cards and am now left with debt (excluding the car) of R63 000 with the car you add another R85 000.

I am keeping this diary to always remind me of this so that history may not repeat itself and also to get and give ideas and inspiration for those who share my swipe now pay letter ideal!

I have now been handed over to attorneys by one credit card company but all hope is not lost. I will still pay them in full by December 2010!

Keep smiling and paying with cash :)


No comments:

Post a Comment