Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Getting wiser!

I have basically taken a day off work today, I am at work, but just doing as little as possible and taking advantage of the fact that most my colleagues are attending a course (including my boss).

I have made a decision to tackle the Kilimanjaro credit card first and when that credit card is paid off, then I will definately do my Kilimanjaro trip as a reward. I got this credit card in 2005, my very first credit card and now it is exactly 4 years later. I remember the first thing I bought on this card was a violin which I sold in 2007 and also some clothes (wait, I'm actually wearing the top today!).

I am paying ± R500 a month on this card a month on charges alone, the second highest interest I am paying is on another credit card which is about R190 a month on charges. You times that by 12 and do the math on how much money I am throwing away on charges.

Well on some good news. Work has provided me with a laptop to use which will save me in buying my own computer for a couple of years at least and the wear and tear on one and they are going to get me a phone to use after hours - AWSUM!

My landlords girlfriend is also catching a ride with me to work and back for the next 2 weeks and giving me R100 a week (which is half my petrol) so I'm quite stoked about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment